Weblinks of Interest
- Latvian Folklore Server. Information on Latvian folk instruments and folk groups.
- The Institute of Lithuanian Literature and Folklore Sound Archives
Central European Folklore
- Czech Republic Institute of Ethnology
- Czechia and Slovakia
- Romanian Love Charms
- Slovak Academy of Sciences, Institute of Ethnology
- Slovak Culture
East Slavic Folklore
- Virtual Guide to Belarus
- Center for Belarusian Culture, Language, and Literature
- Belarusian Ornaments
- Folk Music of Belarus
- Laboratory of Folklore of the Belarusian State University
- Ruthenian Folklore. Centre for the typology and semiotics of folklore
- Russkii fol'klor v sovremennykh zapisiakh at St. Petersburg University. Information on folklore program, as well as some data on Russian prose narratives, songs, calendary ritual, and life-cycle ritual. In Russian.
- Russian Religious Folk Imagination
- Department of Russian folklore in the Institute of Russian Literature
- Russian Folklore Expedition. Yelena and Sergey Minyonok from the Institute of World Literature (Russian Academy of Sciences) welcome you to this research project.
- Ukrainian Bilingual Education
- Russian network (includes folklore links)
- Ukrainian Museum in Alberta
- Ukrainian Museum in Cleveland
- Ukrainian Museum in New York
- Ukrainian Traditional Folklore. Material culture from Central Ukraine: Virtual Reality tours of churches and houses, pysanky, rushnyky, with a link to a Ukrainian-language version..
- Rushnychok. Ukrainian Cross Stitch web site.
South Slavic Folklore
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (Institute of Ethnology and Folklore)
- Croatian Academy of Sciences (Social Sciences Division)
- East European Folklife Center. Their mission is to educate the general public about the folk music, folk dance, and folklore in the Balkans.
- Kodovi slovenskih kultura. This Belgrade-based folklore journal publishes articles in Serbian and Russian.
- Macedonia Arts (includes links on Macedonian traditional dress)
- Macedonian Folk Embroidery
- Macedonian Erotic Folk Songs and Poetry
- Macedonian Erotic Folk Songs from Veles
- Macedonian Proverbs
- Milman Parry Collection at Harvard University. Primarily South Slavic epic texts and recordings
- Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade
- American Folklore Society
- The American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress
- British Library - Slavonic Studies
- The Center for Studies in Oral Tradition
- Ethnologia Europaea. Journal of European Ethnology
- The Folklore Society
- Harvard's Folklore and Mythology Concentration Web Page
- Library and Archives Canada
- Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage
- Brama. Information on all things Ukrainian. Includes sections on Ukrainian folklore.
- Internet Sacred Texts Archive
- General Slavic Folklore
- Russian Fairy Tales
- Russian Lubok
- Russian Tales, Bilibin Illustrations
- Slavic Paganism and Witchcraft
Course and Department Pages
- Jeanmarie Rouhier-Willoughby's home page. Includes photos for her folklore and other culture classes.
- Bucknell Russian Department Russian Studies Materials Page
- Canadian Centre for Ethnomusicology at the University of Alberta
- Ensemble of Slavic dance and music The Tamburitzans at Duquesne University
- Kule Centre for Ukrainian and Canadian Folklore at the University of Alberta. Information on the Centre and on holdings of the Bohdan Medwidsky Ukrainian Folklore Archives.
- University of Alabama, Russian folklore links
- University of Manitoba, Ukrainian Canadian Folklore [online course]
- University of Pittsburg, Russian fairy tales course